Our 19 awards categories represent not just the excellence of East and South East Asian restaurants throughout the UK but also the contribution of suppliers, supermarkets, food writers and individuals to the growth of the East and South East Asian foods sector.
Members of the public voted in all of our 13 public voting categories between 2nd May and 27th June 2022.
1. The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in England Award sponsored by Kirin Ichiban
2. The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in Wales Award sponsored by Kwan Yick
3. The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in Scotland Award
4. The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in Northern Ireland Award
Our regional awards are for the best East and South East Asian restaurants in Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England. Competition is always fierce for these categories, proving just how passionate us Brits are when it comes to our favourite local East and Southeast Asian restaurants while at the same time supporting our great British high street.
5. The Golden Chopsticks Best Newcomer Award – sponsored by Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
With this award we are celebrating East and South East Asian restaurateurs who have made the best first impression on their diners. Setting up in the hospitality industry, especially during these uncertain times, is an admirable achievement, tempting customers to a new establishment and keeping them coming back, is something all of these nominees should be very proud of. (Applies to any business trading since 2021).
6. The Golden Chopsticks Best Delivery Experience Award – sponsored by Just Eat
The finalists in this hotly contested category bring our nation’s best and favourite East and South East Asian dishes to our doorstep to be eaten from the comfort of our homes.
7. The Golden Chopsticks Best Fusion Restaurant Award – sponsored by Lucky Boat Noodles
This award recognises innovation and creativity when it comes to boldly experimenting with oriental flavours. Each of the finalists in this category push culinary boundaries to create exciting and truly unique fusion dishes for their valued diners.
8. The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant Multi-Site Award – sponsored by Just Eat
This award is a celebration of the establishments who have upheld the very best industry standards, and delicious tasting food, while at the same time expanding their empires. (Applies to businesses with more than 3 sites.)
9. The Golden Chopsticks Best Vegetarian/Vegan Dish Award
With so many diners now turning to vegetarian and vegan diets, this award celebrates the best vegetarian or vegan dish on the menu.
10. The Golden Chopsticks Best Sweet Treat Award – sponsored by Shaftesbury I Chinatown London
This accolade recognises the establishments serving up the best sweet delights of East and South East Asia. From bubble tea and ice-cream to patisserie, we are giving sweet drinks and snacks the recognition they deserve, both for their deliciousness and technical skill involved in their creation.
11. The Golden Chopsticks Best Golden Cocktail Award (NEW) - sponsored by Shede Baijiu
With this award we are celebrating the most inspired cocktail creations from East and South East Asian restaurateurs and mixologists. From the classics to cutting edge, for the hedonists or those avoiding the hard stuff, with the best seasonal ingredients to the freshest flavours, we will be honouring the cocktails tempting customers to work their way right through the cocktail menu.
12. The Golden Chopsticks Best Street Food Award - sponsored by New Kenji Rice
Street food has exploded on to the culinary scene, and we wanted to recognise the breadth of passion and skill that makes this sector what it is. This award celebrates the talented vendors serving up outstanding East and South East Asian dishes.
13. The Golden Chopsticks Best Dumpling Award – sponsored by The Bank of East Asia, UK Branch
This accolade recognises the establishments satisfying our appetites for one of the nation’s most loved foods, the mighty dumpling.
14. The Golden Chopsticks Fine Dining Award - sponsored by Yutaka
This hotly contested category includes some of the biggest names on the world’s food stage. These East and South East Asian food heavyweights have displayed excellence in all areas and are consistently delivering a five-star dining experience whilst providing the ultimate in food and drinks menus.
15. The Golden Chef Award – sponsored by Lee Kum Kee
This prestigious award recognises the talents of those outstanding individuals who consistently deliver the very best in innovative and delicious East and South East Asian menus. These chefs push culinary boundaries to bring diners the most exciting and innovative dishes.
16. The Golden Chopsticks Dining Experience (NEW) – sponsored by Kirin Ichiban
With this award we are celebrating the total dining experience. From the best atmosphere to the ultimate service experience and most memorable interior all enhancing the customer experience whilst they work their way right through the very best in East and South East Asian food & drinks offerings.
17. The Golden Chopsticks Classic Restaurant Award
All the finalists in the category have captured something special in their restaurants, keeping traditions alive to bring UK diners authentic tastes and timeless menus.
18. The Golden Chopsticks Food Influencer Award – sponsored by Lee Kum Kee
This award recognises the passionate individuals who have created inspiring social content around their love of East and South East Asian food. Not just by eating, these influencers have blogged, vlogged, snapped, tweeted and grammed, spreading the word about their favourite East and South East Asian food and establishments.
19. The Ken Hom Lifetime Achievement Award - sponsored by Just Eat
This special award recognises an individual who has dedicated their life and career to the UK’s East and South East Asian food industry.